Terms and Conditions
1. Customer can secure the reservation with his/her credit card information via our secure reservation form and pay the whole amount upon arrival. If customer doesnt want to give his/her credit card info, then the payment has to be done. If the total reservation amount (per flat) is no more than 1750 euro, we charge all amount in advance at the time of booking. If the total amount (per flat) is between 1750-2500 euro, we charge 50% of the amount in advance at the time of booking and remaining amount is upon arrival as cash. For more than 2500 euro reservation amounts (per flat), we charge 50% of the amount in advance at the time of booking and remaining amount is upon arrival as cash. (Ratio of advance payment can be different for some of the apartments. Customer representatives will inform if ratio is different). If the reservation is done at least 30 days in advance, whole amount is charge at the time of booking.
2. Payment can be made with a credit card (through paypal), paypal, bank transfer or western union (also from office if customer is already in Istanbul). Expensis of the payment both for reservations and even for cancellations belongs to sender and reservation will not be confirmed if the net amount can not be received because of any reason ( Expensis is 4% of the total amount for credit card and paypal payments. Expensis may change for bank transfer and western union payments depend on your bank & country). If there is a remaining amount which has to be paid upon arrival, it has to be paid as cash. If the guest doesn't come for check-in, received amount will not be paid back.
3. If bank transfer is done for payment, confirmation slip of the payment from the bank has to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . After we receive bank slip we will confirm reservation.
4. Guests can not request to change the apartment with another apartment type after reservation.
5. For lots of Thomas-ay Group Apartments, there is no security deposit ( except some ultra luxury apartments ). All tenants accept to pay their damages ( if they damage ) which is occured because of bad usage of tenants.
6. Since all apartments are privately owned, and in residential buildings, guests are asked to respect the property and the neighbours. You are asked to respect the silence that may be expected after 10 pm in residential buildings (loud/late partying is unfortunately not permitted).
Please note: having more guests in the property then agreed, or making noise in the evening or night, will terminate the rent immediately.
7. Thomas-ay Group is not responsible with any problem about noises of constructions that might be from other buildings or problems regarding to city municipal.
8. Thomas-ay Group is not responsible about any missing objects of customer. Customers are responsible to keep their valuable things.
9. Minimum stay is at least two nights (sometimes more: this is mentioned with the price table at the bottom of each apartment page).
10. Even in case smoking is allowed in a property, it is not allowed in the bedrooms (for safety reasons).
11. Sub-letting the property you rented (or giving it in use to other people) is not allowed.
12. Renter will receive the key of the apartment at the time of the check-in and renter is responsible to keep & give it back at the check-out time. If renter can not provide the key at the check-out time, then renter will be responsible to provide key or pay the expensis of the key. Check-in are done till 6pm, if check-in is later than 6pm customer is obligated to purchase at least arrival way transfer.
13. Arrival way airport transfers are obligated due to check-in arrangement from Ataturk Airport and it is 45 € upto 7 pax. (price is different for more people).
14. Changing dates of booking is only possible if the new dates are available by paying extra 10 €/night fee (if new dates have different season rates, then 10 €/night ll be added for new season rates).
Included in the price are:
- All taxes, towels and bed linen
- internet usage (if broadband cable or ADSL internet is available)
- cleaning before and after your stay (there is also daily cleaning for some of our apartments)
- utilities (water, gas and electricity).
- all amenities in the apartment as mentioned on our pages or in our correspondence.
The phone connection, if available in the property: please let us (or the host of the property you booked) know that you would like to use the phone (contact details of your host are in the booking confirmation you will receive).
Excluded from the price are:
- actual phone usage
- extra cleaning during your stay (if there is no free daily cleaning).
Checking in and out
Thomas-ay Group customer representative will meet you at the apartment to check you in, give you keys and to check you out when you leave. Our standard check in time is from 2:00 pm (but no problem for early check-in if your reserved apartment is ready) and check out time is until 11:00 am (if there is no new guest for the day later, late check-out can be done).
If you would like to be certain that you can check in early or check out late, booking an extra night is required.
(For all properties):
75% refund of deposit if cancellation is made 30 days or more before arrival date.
50% refund of deposit if cancellation is made 20 days or more before arrival date.
25% refund of deposit if cancellation is made 7 days or more before arrival date.
No refund if cancellation is made within 7 days of arrival.
** For christmas and easter reservations, no refund of depoist for cancellations.
*** Cancellation payments are done from net amount that our company has received.
**** Airport transfer fee can not be cancelled, there is no refund for airport transfers.
Cancellations after check-in, or shortening your stay after check-in is not possible, the full rent for the booked nights is due. If a customer causes overbooking, then 25% of the amount is kept as penalty
We advise you take out cancellation insurance with your insurance company, in case you think you may have to cancel your trip.
Extending your stay
After you booked your stay with us, you can simply extend your stay (depending on availability) by letting us know. We will adjust the booking sum and advance payment accordingly, and you will receive a new confirmation.
Extending your stay after you checked in:
Also after you checked in, you can extend your stay (depending on availability).
After check-in we can block off extra nights for you, after payment in full has been received.
You can pay this in cash or with credit card & paypal ( as long as you pay expensis of payment ).
We never give any information about any of our guests to anyone. Because we are very serious about this, we ask your understanding for the fact it is sometimes difficult for us to answer questions by relatives or friends (for instance about where you are, or how you may be contacted).
Should you wish to deposit contact details of relatives or friends to warn in case of emergency, just ask us to register these details with us.
In the event that we cannot provide you with the particular location and type of apartment that was booked, we will endeavour to let you have another property that is listed on our website, of similar or superior characteristics. In these circumstances you will not be required to pay more than stated in the original booking. In the event that Thomas-ay Group has to cancel a booking because of reasons beyond our control, a full refund of the money you paid will be made by us. Thomas-ay Group will not be liable for further claims by the client.
Thomas-ay Group shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered as the result of the use of this website. Thomas-ay Group shall not be liable for any direct or indirect damages that may arise as a consequence of the use by the client of the apartment, including without limitation, damages, insurance, losses because of fires, robbery or criminal behaviour.